Monday, February 4, 2013

True Stories Week 49 - Make Yourself at Home

I Love to Read TRUE Stories
courtesy photobucket.com
Make yourself at Home

“Mi Casa es su casa” is a saying that my brother, Allen would reverse.  “Your home is my home,” is how he would say it.  My mother-in-law, Bea lived within walking distance and I would often visit. 
 
She related that one day, my brother came by to see if Jerry and Billy were home.  He walked into the kitchen and spying a couple of left over home made biscuits he picked up one of her biscuits and began to eat it. 

Bea was courteous, but was mildly shocked because she barely knew Allen, and this surprised her when he made himself right at home.  She laughed when telling me this story.

Now, Please make yourself at home here at "Tell Me a True Story!" 

Reminder to keep this spot a place to post your True Life stories.  Pull up from your archives if you wish. 

A few suggestions for the party:

1. Please link to your actual "post” not just to your general blog address. That way if readers come by later in the week, they can easily go over to your relevant post.  

2. Visit a story near yours, and please leave a comment.

3.  Please also link back to this community, either by using my button on my side bar or simply a text link.

Sometimes you can scroll down to view past stories. I hope it works for you.

2 comments:

Floyd said...

I have a brother like that. If he's some where, he's at home. I was never quite the comfortable!

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday!
I'm your new follower.
would be nice if you can visit my blog and link up.
Have a nice Monday.
Nan
www.blogshe.net