Monday, August 29, 2016

Tell Me a True Story Blog Party - Week of 08/29/16


You are invited to enter YOUR True Story at our Blog Party.

Reading a True Story
 
Have you tried reading and commenting on a few posts near you?
If someone comments on your post, please visit their site and leave a comment.

~ ~ ~

I began blogging in January of 2010 and La La La  was one of my first posts. 
My prayer as a blogger was that those reading my posts were also listening to God.

 
La La La La La La?


Have you ever seen a child (or wife) put their hands to their ears and cry out La La La La La La La?   They just did not want to hear what was being told to them.  
 
 
The words were probably good words and worth hearing.
 
In the case of children it was probably something they needed to hear.
 
In the case of wives – it is often good to listen to a husband’s wisdom. And the same goes for husband’s; take time to listen to your wife.


Have you ever said La La La to God when he is speaking to you?

 
God may be speaking through the Bible and definitely worth listening to.
 
OR it may be the preacher at church who is presenting a good message.
 
OR it could be a friend just sharing; - - what ever the case - -
 
Next time you are tempted to put your hands over your ears and say La La La,
 
It might be better to listen to what is being said.
 
It could be just the very thing you need to hear.

Mark 4:24 ESV /  And he said to them, “Pay attention to what you hear: with the measure you use, it will be measured to you, and still more will be added to you.

Proverbs 19:20 ESV / Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.

Proverbs 12:15 ESV / The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice.

James 1:19 ESV /  Know this, my beloved brothers: be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger - -

John 10:27-28 ESV /  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

Romans 10:17 ESV / So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. ~ ~ ~

Be sure to encourage your fellow bloggers near you
by reading several stories and leaving comments.
 

Please follow my other blog:  A Joyful Noise by e-mail.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on so many years blogging, Hazel! So thankful you ever made the decision to start your blogs and thankful our paths crossed. :) God bless you!

Ifeoma Samuel said...

Wonderful Aunt Hazel, 6 years of blogging is a lot. Thank you for always being here, present and always showing up. How is the lawsuit stuff?

I like the post today...encouraging us to and obey.

Thank you for the linkup 😊
Blessings to you.

Saleslady371 said...

If we're too busy talking we cannot hear like the girl in the graphic. It is sad when we miss hearing God's wisdom. I like these Scriptures.

Unknown said...

Hazel what an accomplishment. Oh my how you got me with that la, la, la, la with God. I am sure I have. One of my best friends used to say that at work. How I miss her and what memories I'm remembering fondly this morning.

Sharon said...

I just had to laugh, Hazel. Yes, I have had many "la-la-la" moments with God. Those times when His words to me are so very timely, but not always easy to hear. Sometimes I've been tempted to ask Him to leave me alone for a little bit. To which He always answers, "No, I love you too much."

GOD BLESS!

Unknown said...

I'm more of the, "stick-your-tongue-out-and-waggle-it-between-the-lips-while-making-a-monotone-noise" type of guy.

While it doesn't seem like we're childish, when we refuse to hear there's not a whole lot of difference, I think, to God's perspective.

Wisdom listens. Thanks for the reminder to keep my trap shut and ears open, Hazel!

It's been a long time now! I was about seven months behind you! It's been good… So glad that I got to know you and share one another's lives. Thanks, sister. God bless you and yours.