Monday, August 24, 2015

TELL ME A TRUE STORY BLOG PARTY Week 08/24/15



Reading a True Story

You are invited to enter YOUR True Story at our Blog Party. 

My goal is to read and comment on EVERY entry!
Have you tried reading and commenting on a few posts near you? 

If you enjoy a certain post found on this site - -
Click on their icon to share with Face Book, or Twitter 

View the notice On The "Blue Back Ground Above"  How To
Find Other Blog Hop Suggestions that request "Anything goes."

~ ~ ~  

A True Story from my book Rescue the Stories Book Two 

Learning by Example
 
When I was a child growing up, my mother always told me, Hazel, you are the oldest, so you must be an example to the other children. 

When I received Jesus as my Savior, she then told me, Hazel others will be watching you to see how you act, and behave, so be a good example for them.  Remember you are the Best Christian that someone knows!! 

I later learned that I did not need to experience the consequences of walking in the ways of the world.  I could learn from the example of others, and steer clear of those things that could harm me, and take the proper path of life. 

As we read and study the Bible, we can learn many things by example to help us in our Christian walk; such as what to avoid and who to follow. 

1Corinthians 10:11  Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. 

1 Timothy 4:12 Be an example of the believers, in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 

 Philippians chapter 3: Brethren, join in following my example and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us. 

And who is our great example?  The answer is clear; it is our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Jesus said in John l3:15, For I have given you an example that you should do as I have done to you. 

Many examples in the Bible are written for our learning experience.  They were given for our instruction and to serve as a case in point to show us the best way to live.  Jesus said, “If you know these things, blessed are you, if you do them.” 

Yes, we certainly can learn from the examples of others, and then we become an example, for good, so that others may learn from us. 

We prefer to shut our eyes and ears when we hear reports of Christians being killed because of their faith.   

We think to ourselves, “It can’t happen here,” - - but the truth is that it can, even as various hate groups grow bolder in their abhorrence of Christians and of Christ Jesus. 

May we cry out; “Oh Lord, open my eyes that I might see.”

And then, “Open my ears so I may hear.  

What is the next thing that you desire me to do?”  

May we pray, “Here are my hands and feet - - where would you like me to go, what would you have me do?”
~ ~~ 

Be sure to encourage your fellow bloggers near you by reading several stories and leaving comments.

Please follow my other blog:  A Joyful Noise by e-mail.

4 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

A woman who leads our prayer group reported the grim stats of terrorists raping young girls in Syria and the middle east. A 12 year old girl was interviewed and shared that the terrorist told her he was doing nothing wrong. We have to do something....so we are partnering with the Noon prayer movement. Everyday at Noon we pray; I invite anyone interested to join this prayer army and set Noon aside to say a prayer.

Janis Van Keuren said...

Thank you, Hazel, for reminding us that we are an example for others to follow so we had better be following the example of Jesus and His followers set in Scripture.
Thank you, too, Mary, for the invitation to pray at noon.
Blessings,
Janis

Ifeoma Samuel said...

Dear Aunt Hazel, this is a wake up call.

We have been quiet for far too long! Unfortunately, The church has changed its priorities and is focusing on what is less important!

Powerful what Mary@Saleslady371 has suggested.

We need more prayer and more action to back it up.

God Bless Aunt Hazel

Unknown said...

Those are great verses to back up your lesson. It is the wise person that can learn from the mistakes of others. You've been blessed with that wisdom your whole life. And thanks for being the example as well. I appreciate your "talk" always matches your "walk". It is an encouragement.