Wednesday, October 3, 2018

COME ONTO ME


This message was given at our meeting; Praying Over Our City to encourage our Prayer Warriors.

     To View "Come onto Me: on YouTube Click HERE





Come Unto Me  - -  Wednesday message 10/03/18

Jesus is speaking here in Matthew 11:28-29  "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  - - Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

Many years ago, I was speaking with a friend about making changes and coming to Jesus to help him with his alcohol problem.  He said, "Yes, I am ready, would you please phone the rehab and ask them to take me into their program?"  I agreed to make the call, but on the other end of the line, I was told.  The person must desire to enter this program so badly that they themselves must make the phone call, you can't do it for them.   After I relayed this message to my friend, he took the number I offered; but never made the call.

Jesus is saying Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.  That sounds like a pretty good offer to me.  Just taken at face value, it sounds like a "free ride."  but wait, Jesus continued to speak;  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, your mind, your will and your emotions.

As we examine this last statement, we can see there is some responsibility on our part to take up the yoke of partnership and to learn from Jesus by listening to the Holy Spirit and reading God's Word.

You have heard it said: "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.   

Our wishes and wants cannot take precedence or priority over another person's will.  Each person must be willing come to Jesus for themselves, then they will be taken in.
Oh how we wish we could push their button that creates hunger and thirst and desire.

Each person must hunger and thirst for God.  At this time in many lives, there is NO hunger and NO thirst.  So our prayers and petitions reach heaven asking for hunger and thirst for those lost in the darkness. 
 
Jesus told a story about a young man who asked his father for his inheritance so he could leave home.  The Father complied, and gave the young man a large sum of money.  Perhaps the young man thought he could begin in a new city and start a business or invest and become rich, but what actually happened was sad.  He met some people who were not really his friends and they helped him party until all his inheritance was gone.  

Now he was too proud to beg, so he searched for work, and the only job available was one feeding the pigs.  He was so hungry, that he often would eat from the pigs food.  One day as he sat in the filth and mire, he "came to himself," and realized that the servants in his father's house were better off than he was.  So he made a decision.  I shall return home and ask my father to allow me to be one of his servants.  To him that made sense but what do you say?  He had forgotten how much his father loved him.  As he returned home, his father saw him while he was a great way off, and ran to embrace him and took him into his loving arms.  The father's words were my son was dead, but now he is alive, so let us rejoice and be glad.

Jesus says in John 6:37  All that the Father gives to me shall come to me; and him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out.

Today as we pray for our citizens who are without Christ, let us use our imagination to see them in the dark muddy mire, but see them beginning to rise up and come out to find Jesus.  Let us speak to dark minds and call light to come to bring truth where there was once error.  Speak to stir up the comfortable nests and bring desire to leave the pig pens of filth.  Speak to cause unrest to push our citizens to become unsettled in their beds of wickedness and instead to create a new desire to throw off the dirty bed covers that seem to keep them warm.

Matthew 4:16 says it this way:  the people who sat in darkness have seen a great light. And for those who lived in the land where death casts its shadow, a light has shined."

Jesus Christ is the Light of the World and he takes into his kingdom all who come to Him.

God has prepared a banquet for those who come to Him.  Today we bind and lose.  We remove and restore. 

God has given us authority to prophesy as we pray.  We speak that blinders will be removed from eyes so that they can see the truth.   We call restoration of minds and wills to desire the pure living water Jesus offers.  We call hunger and thirst into being in the hearts of our citizens so they are able to partake of the provision God places before them. 

We call their tongues be loosened to call upon the Name of Jesus who is the Great and Mighty deliverer and is ready to break the bondage of those in captivity.

Jesus spoke in John 7: 37-39 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Where is the water of Life?  Jesus says, He will place the fountain inside you springing up for it is the Holy Spirit that brings us Life.

Pray for our citizens to hunger and thirst, to desire to turn in repentance and to kneel at the cross of Jesus; Where it all begins - - a New Life and a New beginning in Christ Jesus.

The cross is where our new Life begins, but we must not stop there.  We must go on to the Resurrection and know that Jesus is Alive.  Again we must not stop at the tomb, but we must go on to the Upper Room and seek the Face of Jesus and ask Him to fill us with the Holy Spirit.  

Each day is a new day, and we must come as Jesus calls us to himself, saying: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  - - Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."


We recorded the message live on Facebook:  
Request to "friend me" on Facebook at Hazel Irene Moon







No comments: