Monday, January 26, 2015

True Story Week 01/26/2015


Reading a True Story to His Kitty


Today’s story is from my book, Rescue the Stories Book One.
 
I try to read and comment on EVERY entry here!
How I do it is to read 5 across at a time  - - -
and return later for 5 more - - -

My other blog:  A Joyful Noise Please follow by e-mail.


View the notice ON THE "BLUE BACK GROUND above" for
Other Blog Hop Suggestions that request "Anything goes."

 
LA LA LA LA LA

Have you ever seen a child (or adult) put their hands to their ears and cry out La La La La La La La?   

They just did not want to hear what was being told to them.   

The words were probably good words and worth hearing.  

In the case of children it was probably something they needed to hear.  In the case of wives – it is often good to listen to a husband’s wisdom. 

Have you ever said La La La to God when he is speaking to you?  

It may be that God is speaking to you through the Bible and definitely it is worth listening to.  
 
OR it may be the minister at church who is giving out a good message that strikes to your heart. 

OR it could be a friend just sharing; what ever the case – next time you are tempted to put your hands over your ears and say La La La, it might be better to stop and listen to what is being said. 
 
Because  - - -  It could be just the very thing you need to hear.

~ ~ ~ ~

Check out my other blog:  A Joyful Noise Please follow by e-mail.

 
You are invited to enter YOUR TRUE STORY at our Blog Party.

Please encourage your fellow bloggers near you by reading several stories and leaving comments.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

You are so right. Sometimes, when I start to walk into a trial, I know in my heart that God is wanting to speak to me through it. But, I just don't want to go through the trial to hear what He is wanting to say. When we shut Him out, we lose out on so many spiritual lessons and learning experiences. Thank you for sharing your heart here. You are such a blessing.

Sandra @ Sandra's Ark said...

Yes indeed Hazel, and then I have to think that we would probably want to do the exact same thing when reading this but I am taking heed as I know He is talking to me at this period of time and I do need to listen.

jviola79 said...

Hazel, so very true. Most often the very thing we don't want to listen to is the very thing we most need to hear. Glad to join you again this week!

Joy said...

Thank you for the reminder. Suits me well because I am not a good listener sometimes:)

Saleslady371 said...

When I read this I thought of how eager God is to speak to us and sometimes we are not as eager to hear, yet it all works out for our good.

Mary Hill said...

This was very wise advice. Thanks for your fun linkup each week. Also I really appreciate the encouragement you give me each week.

Janis Van Keuren said...

Oh Hazel,
I think I often say, "La, la, la" to God when I'm busy doing something and He wants to call me away to spend sometime with Him. Thank you for this vivid reminder of what I am doing when I put other things before a quiet moment with Him.
Blessings,
Janis