Monday, June 6, 2016

Tell Me a True Story Blog Party week of 06/06/16



Reading a True Story
 
 
You are invited to enter YOUR True Story at our Blog Party. 

Have you tried reading and commenting on a few posts near you?
If someone comments on your post, please visit their site and leave a comment.

~ ~ ~ 

Are you Shy?
 
As a young child in school, my face would turn beet red when ever I was called on by the teacher.  I respected adult leadership almost to the point of being afraid to speak out. 

My shyness extended into High School, and I wanted an A in Geometry, but my teacher informed the class that she only gave A's to those who would raise their hands and explain the answer to the problem we had that day.  I did my best, but in her opinion it was not good enough, and she gave me a B+ on my report card.   

The next day, I called my teacher to my desk and quietly but forcefully told her that I deserved an A and she was in error to give me less.  For “shy me” that was risky business.  

As far as I knew, no one else complained, but my words flustered her a bit.  She told me to speak up more which I did, and at the end of the semester she relented and gave me an A as my final grade.  

I have outgrown my shyness, and with God’s help I am no longer afraid to speak out.

Usually I have found it best to delay and not to speak in haste or in anger.  Often I wait until God says, NOW, usually it is the next day.  While waiting I ask our Lord, what exactly should I say? 

The Holy Spirit begins to formulate a plan of words and when I follow the script that He gives to me, and there is no offence.  

My hope is that the needed words are heard and received in their spirit.  

If you are shy, just ask God, “What do I say next?”  He will give you His words to say. 

Psalms 19:14  Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.

~ ~ ~

Be sure to encourage your fellow bloggers near you
by reading several stories and leaving comments.
 
Please follow my other blog:  A Joyful Noise by e-mail.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

It made me think of the Scripture where Jesus told His disciples to not meditate beforehand what they would say, but that the precious Holy Spirit would give the words when they needed them. He has been so faithful to do that SO many times throughout life. What a mighty God we serve!

Unknown said...

Good for you for speaking up. And I too find it very helpful to not speak in haste or anger... learned that one the hard way a time or two... Thanks for the reminder, Hazel.