Monday, July 27, 2015

Tell Me a True Story Blog Hop - Week 07/27/15


Reading a True Story
 
You are invited to enter YOUR True Story at our Blog Party.

 My goal is to read and comment on EVERY entry!
Have you tried reading and commenting on a few posts near you?

My other blog is:  A Joyful Noise Please follow by e-mail.
 
View the notice On The "Blue Back Ground Above" How  
To find Other Blog Hop Suggestions that request "Anything goes."
~ ~ ~
 
A True Story from my book Rescue the Stories Book Three
Learn to Feed Yourself 
 
In the early days mothers did not have Gerber’s and other baby foods so they utilized unique methods to nourish their growing babies.  Often it was the grandmother who would first chew the baby’s food and then feed it to him.  As the child grew he would hopefully learn to feed himself. 

I can remember many times as a child I did not want to eat what was put before me.  Mother would often play a little game called “Airplane” and the spoon would find its way to the “Airport.”  The bottom line was that moms do whatever it takes to keep their families healthy!   

It occurred to me that many Christians enjoy the Word of God, but only after it has been chewed and spoon fed to them.  Others will not “eat” the Word of God, unless a game is played to stimulate their appetite.   

Justifiably for the children in Sunday school who are just beginning to learn to “feed” themselves certain methods of motivation and training are necessary.  They need the Bible Stories and the lessons in down-to-earth everyday examples so they can understand what God is saying to them.  Hopefully as they begin to read and study they will learn to nourish themselves. 

I am not against devotional books and Christian magazines, as I enjoy several.  However they are not a substitute for the actual Bible which is God’s word to us.   

May I encourage you to dust off your Bible and begin today to read through the New Testament?  A chapter at a time is a good way to start.   

When Christians become skilled at handling the milk of the Word, they will profit spiritually.  By daily study you will soon be adding meat to the Spiritual diet.  The good news is when you learn to feed yourself you will become spiritually healthy and fit just the way God planned. 

I Corinthians 3:2  I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 
~ ~~

Please follow my other blog:  A Joyful Noise by e-mail.
 
Be sure to encourage your fellow bloggers near you by reading several stories and leaving comments.

7 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

Currently in this day and age of higher technology, we can download so much so fast. But what we can't download is victory. It only comes by taking the teachings we receive by others or alone and being still with the Lord and letting Him make it personal and understood.

a joyful noise said...

I do a lot of research on my computer, and this is an excellent source for growth too. Just let the Holy Spirit alert you if the message is not all truth!

Sharon said...

Yes, yes, Hazel. I also love devotionals and magazines, but there is no substitute for The Word. The other stuff is just icing on the cake - but we so need that cake!! Scripture is God's direct words to us, and those who are wise will graduate to this spiritual *meat*!

GOD BLESS!

Cheryl said...

Oh, my! I remember Mom chewing up that food and passing it on to us hungry kids. I can't say it always sat well with us, knowing we were eating food that had already been chewed...but we usually didn't figure it out until later while watching her do it to someone younger!! I loved the spiritual applications you mentioned here. So edifying and true.

Ifeoma Samuel said...

Yes Yes Aunt Hazel. I love this!
Just like in my post "When the Bible is taken away" you have hit the nail on the head.
Are we not fast becoming lazy Christians?

On another note, I have not been frequent online for 2 weeks now. My laptop is still with the supplier, went blank again! I hope they give me a new one! I have no internet in the house right now so I have to go out!
So much challenge cropping up. Please pray along with me!

Thanks and Many Blessings you Aunt Hazel

Joanne Viola said...

You offer such a wise suggestion - start with a chapter. Amazing thing is ... in time, you'll find yourself wanting more :) It's funny how it works - instead of being "full", we only find ourselves hungrier. Always good to join you!

Unknown said...

What a great analogy! I, like you, far to often see people wanting someone to do the work of studying for them and then actually expect a blessing as deep as if they did the work themselves. God doesn't work like that! Never has never will! "Drawing nigh unto Me" isn't having someone tell you what they think! Amen, Hazel.