Friday, December 5, 2014

True Story - Are you Shy?


I will Speak Out, What You Tell me to Say
 
Tell me a Story has a new format.  I will be telling one of my true stories here.
You are invited to follow by e-mail. The e-mail follow box is on my left side bar.

Monday evening at 5:00 pm, the TRUE STORY Blog Party will open.
Please return Monday to enter YOUR TRUE STORY.

Please also follow by e-mail my other blog:  A Joyful Noise 

View the notice ON THE "BLUE BACK GROUND above" for
Other Blog Hop Suggestions that request "Anything goes."

Shy Girl
Are You Shy?
 
As a young child in school, my face would turn beet red when ever I was called on by the teacher.  I respected adult leadership almost to the point of being afraid to speak out. 

My shyness extended into High School, and I wanted an A in Geometry, but my teacher informed the class that she only gave A's to those who would raise their hands and explain the answer to the problem we had that day.  I did my best, but in her opinion it was not good enough, and she gave me a B+ on my report card.   

The next day, I called my teacher to my desk and quietly but outright told her that I deserved an A and she was in error to give me less.  For “shy me” that was risky business.  

As far as I knew, no one else complained, but my words flustered her a bit.  She told me to speak up more which I did, and at the end of the semester she relented and gave me an A as my final grade.  

I have outgrown my shyness, and with God’s help I am no longer afraid to speak out. 

Usually I have found it best to delay and not to speak in haste or in anger.  Often I wait until God says, NOW, usually the next day.  While waiting I ask our Lord, what exactly should I say? 

The Holy Spirit begins to formulate a plan of words and when I follow the script that He gives to me, and there is no offence.  

One or two Sundays a month I share one of my very short stories with a message at my church, and I aim to express them as I am led.   One recent Sunday, my story may have been considered unusual to some, but as I finished all I could see were smiles. 

My hope is that the needed words are heard and received in their spirit.  

If you are shy, just ask God, “What do I say next?”  He will give you His words to say.

This is a Blog Hop and will open 5:00 pm Monday for your entry.

1 comment:

Joy said...

What an inspitation. Yes, God can cure us for whatever that hinders us to grow if we are willing to take one step forward:)