Bible Study at Open Door Church from my notes
Out of His Massive Treasures - - God Offers us Gifts - -
As we read the familiar scriptures, and ponder them, often we receive new light. Read them again and more is revealed. Jesus said, I must go away, but I will not leave you comfortless, for I will send the Spirit of Truth. I go away, but I will prepare a place for you.
Today we will examine the treasures God has for us, many are hidden and others are there in plain sight.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Your sin was paid for on the cross for all time. Jesus rose from the dead so that we might have eternal life as we receive his gift of salvation.
Our teacher passed out slips of paper for each member of our class to take turns reading and sharing. God's precious gifts are for us today:
1. His Gift of Salvation: 2 Corinthians 9:15 Thanks be unto God for his indescribable gift.
2. God's Love: Jeremiah 31:11 His Love is Everlasting.
3. God's Grace: Ephesians 2:8-9 By Grace are you saved, not of yourself or your works, but by God's gift of grace.
4. God's Peace: God gives us peace of mind: John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
5. God gives us Power: Acts 1:8 You shall receive Power after the Holy Spirit comes upon you.
6. God gives us NEW LIFE: 2 Corinthians 5:17 You are now a new creation; Old things are passed away and all things have become new.
7. God gives us Supernatural Strength: Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
8. God's GRACE is sufficient for me. Romans 5:15 Much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
9. God's only Son: John 3:16 God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son so that we should not perish but have everlasting life.
10. Children (family) We are in the image of God and are His child.
11. Power, Love and a Sound Mind - - discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
12. Eternal Life. John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
13. Wisdom: James 1:5 Ask of me and I shall give you wisdom.
What ever we lack, when we ask of God, He will give us liberally and generously.
God opens up to us His TREASURES and offers us His precious gifts. It is then for our part to receive and use what He has freely given to us.