Monday, May 4, 2015

True Story Blog Party Week 05/04/15


Reading a True Story
 
You are invited to enter YOUR True Story at our Blog Party.

 
My goal is to read and comment on EVERY entry!
Have you tried reading and commenting on a few posts near you?

My other blog is:  A Joyful Noise Please follow by e-mail.
 

View the notice ON THE "BLUE BACK GROUND above"
Other Blog Hop Suggestions that request "Anything goes."

 
My Feature Story for Today - -


I Honestly Felt Like Slapping Gloria's Face

 

This true story is a Chapter from my Book:  Rescue the Stories Book One 
 
Gloria and Ann

My first grade teacher asked my reading group to arrange our small chairs in a circle at the back of the room.  I sat between Gloria and Ann.  Gloria leaned across me and spoke to Ann in a voice loud enough so I could hear.   

She said, “Do you like Hazel?”   

Ann replied, “Yes.”   

Gloria laughed and said, “I don’t like her at all.  In fact I hate her.” 

I felt like crying! The color in my face drained and so did my spirits! 
 
Even though I had been taught not to hit, I was tempted to slap Gloria’s face!   

In my six year old mind, I knew I had a choice. 

I quickly decided that I would pretend that I had not heard Gloria’s remarks.  I would treat her with kindness.  Those Sunday School lessons on loving your neighbor had paid off!   

 
Years later, I realized that Gloria had been teasing and joking.  Some families enjoy pranks and playing those ugly games, but it is not a good practice. 
 
Children can be injured by mean words they hear and remember.  Scars can be left that often cause insecurity and feelings of rejection leading to emotional and even physical illness.


“Dear Gloria, I thank you for allowing me the opportunity to learn the exercise of walking in forgiveness.” 

Matthew 6:14-15  For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
 
Practicing Forgiveness frees up Your Own Heart
~ ~~

Check out my other blog:  A Joyful Noise Please follow by e-mail.  

Please encourage your fellow bloggers near you by reading several stories and leaving comments.
 

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh, my! This is terrible. YES, your words are so true. Those early childhood wounds leave scars that we carry all through our lives. Careless words uttered from the lips of those who never even realize how deeply they injure...oh, how we carry the memories! Bless your heart. I can so relate to this post. Thank God, there is a Balm in Gilead for all of our wounds, and He is there to help us pick up the pieces. I appreciate you, Hazel. God bless you.

Sharon said...

Hazel, all ll I could think about was these verses:

"If your enemies are hungry, give them food to eat.
If they are thirsty, give them water to drink.
You will heap burning coals of shame on their heads,
and the LORD will reward you."

(Proverbs 25:21-22, NLT)

Gloria, you were outmatched by a sweet, Jesus-loving Hazel! And the grace she extended to you is a testimony to us all!

GOD BLESS!

Saleslady371 said...

You get an "A" for remembering so many of these stories way back when. I want to be just like you.
Thank you for hosting us.
Mary

Ifeoma Samuel said...

Dear Hazel, I completely relate with this story. I was also hurt by some careless words in the past. I am glad we have the choice to forgive and move on.
Thank you for being honest in sharing your true stories. They make a difference for me. Sometimes I can't help but share some of the stories with my hubby.
Many blessing s to you.