Who Is Jesus? Chapter 4
Much of the Old Testament stories were pictures of Christ. Prior to Moses coming to deliver the Children of Israel from
he saw a bush that was burning but it did not burn up completely. Egypt
As Moses drew closer a voice said, "Take off your shoes for you are standing on holy ground." Moses was intrigued, and asked who are you and what do you want from me? The voice told him he was to set the people free and take them to the promised land. Moses asked, who shall I say is sending me? What is your name? God spoke to Moses and said, "I AM THAT I AM.” And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name LORD I was not known to them.
In the New Testament John's gospel, there are seven (7) times Jesus says he is "I AM."
1. I AM The Bread Of Life. Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me shall never hunger spiritually.
2 “I AM the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life” (John 8:12).
3. I AM The Door. I am the door; whoever enters through me will be saved.
4. I AM The Good Shepherd. The shepherd gives his life for his sheep.
5. I AM the Resurrection and the Life. Jesus offers us eternal life that begins when we invite Him into our life.
6. I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life. In John 6:44, He says, “No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him.” This is how we come to God. The Holy Spirit will use an incident in your life to speak to you.
7. I AM the True Vine and you are the branches to bare fruit.
As the Children of
in the desert towards the promised land, God gave them bread
from heaven every morning. The
people called it Manna. Upon rising,
they were to find small kernels that fell with the dew. The taste was like wafers and honey. It could be ground to make bread and prepared
other ways as their main diet. There was
NO manna on the Sabbath, so the day prior they were to gather twice as much. Israel
Jesus referred to Himself as the bread from Heaven.
John 6: Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world…. This is the bread that came down from heaven.