Monday, October 10, 2016

Tell Me A True Story Blog Party - Week 10/10/16


Dad Reads a True Story
 
You are invited to enter YOUR True Story at our Blog Party.

 Have you tried reading and commenting on a few posts near you?
If someone comments on your post, please visit their site and leave a comment.

 
Playing a game: "Mommy and Daddy"

Pass the Germs Please !! (A true story from my Book One –)

My little red headed Kindergarten, friend Bruce, with the cute freckles came over to my house after school one day to play in our driveway, as we dug, looked for rocks and bugs. 

My parents were always affectionate and would hug and kiss in front of us three children.

I said that in order to say this:  That day, my dad was viewing Bruce and me from the kitchen window and I called to Dad to watch us with our new game, “Mama and Daddy.” 

“Look Daddy, look at us.” I called loudly. “We are playing we are married.”  Then I grabbed Bruce and planted a big kiss on his mouth. 

My dad opened the kitchen door and said, “Hazel, please come in the house for a minute, and Bruce can wait for you outside.” 

Happily I entered the kitchen and my dad sat down so he could look into my face.  

He said, “I don’t think your game is a very good idea and let me explain.”  He continued, “There are a lot of germs going around, and you can catch a bad cold or something worse from too much kissing.  It would be better if you did not play your game anymore.” 

His explanation satisfied me so I told Bruce, “My dad said, we might get germs from kissing, so we won’t play that game any more.”

Actually I think Bruce was relieved. 

In life some games might seem innocent enough, and many are above suspicion and just a game.  However there are games that could be life threatening. 

If the game involves your body, you need to pay special attention to the Scripture that says:

I Corinthians 6:19  What? Don’t you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own? 

In the mean while, Kiss your spouse liberally, and do give kisses on the cheek to your children and even special friends.
~ ~ ~

Be sure to encourage your fellow bloggers near you
by reading several stories and leaving comments. 

Please follow my other blog:  A Joyful Noise by e-mail.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Hazel, too cute!! If there's one thing that I learned with my own sons, and I am learning even more with my granddaughter, it's that children are sponges! They will copy our words and behavior like little monkeys. It's a good reminder to watch what we say, and how we act. May the Lord continue to teach us how to emulate and reflect HIM well!!

GOD BLESS!

Cheryl said...

Oh, my, Hazel! This is such a sweet, innocent story! I surely agree with Sharon...children just absorb everything we say and do. Thank you for another wonderful post and for the wisdom you share with us here.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a delightful story... oh the innocence of childhood! Enjoyed the sweet telling of this story and your wise daddy :) I am linking up with you today for the first time :) Happy to be here!

Diwakar said...

Hello Hazel. I am also an Orained Minister, serving church as a Pastor. I am so glad to go through your post and what a true story. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get conncected as well as know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I love getting connected with the People of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the PASTORAL ministry for last 37 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing t o the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have your young children come to Mumbai with their friends to work with us during their vacation time. My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.